3/28/12

At Least

I have been dreaming of landing in a page of a magazine (well not really me, ME, but how I style, mix and match outfits) to show off my skills in fashion (most of the time I disagree that I have the "skills", I guess the more suitable word is "hobby". Yeah, my personal hobby of styling.) I guess all of us dreams of letting each and every person in this world, okay, well not each and every person, know or even recognize that one or even two thing/s we're good at.

Last year, I submitted some of my photos to the Teen Vogue's and Candy Magazine's website. They have this 'Snapshots: Best-Dressed Reader of the Day', for Teen Vogue, and 'The Most Stylish Girls On The Web/Style Files' for CandyMag, where they ask questions about fashion and choose one girl everyday(for Teen Vogue) or every week(for CandyMag) to be their Best-Dressed Reader/Most Stylish Girl. I decided to submit some of my photos just for fun and thought maybe I'll get lucky and be chosen. I've waited for how many weeks, or I think it was even for a month or two, hoping that I would get the chance. In the end, I somehow felt hopeless but I really didn't make a big deal out of it, so, I stopped waiting and moved on. I think it was on the month of October when one of my friends tweeted me that I was chosen to be the Teen Vogue's Best-Dressed Reader of the Day! I was extremely overjoyed! My hands were literally shaking that time! After how many weeks, I also got the chance to be in CandyMag's 'Style Files' page for a whole week! I know these things aren't so much of a big deal than to those who actually have a 3 or 4 page spread in a magazine or to those people who have been personally interviewed but At Least I got the chance to show my hobby and my personal style! :)

Here are the screen caps:




I was on the home page of their Teen Vogue Application! :D

Here are the links:

Thank you Candy Magazine and Teen Vogue! And especially thank You Lord! :D



2 comments:

  1. amazing!! I admire your tenacity, teen vogue is really big van! congrats! xo

    ReplyDelete