5/8/12

Howdy!

Yeehaw! Texas!!

It was my first time to go to Texas, spent two days there and I loved it! While inside the plane, I already pictured out what Texas look like based on what I know about the state. I imagined cowboys and saloons everywhere, and horses and cactuses (this means I watch too much TV) but I was absolutely wrong. Texas is the total opposite of what I expected!

For our first day in Texas, we landed at Houston and it was really hot, like Philippines hot-HOT! My aunt brought us to Crave Cupcakes and I have to say their cupcakes are THE BEST cupcakes ever! Too bad they only have 2 branches and both are only in Houston.





We didn't roam around Houston that much because we need to get ready for the 4-hour drive to San Antonio.

In our Second and last day in Texas, we went to San Antonio and Austin. San Antonio, for me, is more historical than modern. We went to this place called Riverwalk then to The Alamo. We were supposed to check out the stores in Riverwalk but by the time we got there, all of the stores were closed (talk about bad timing).




The Alamo is a historical place that was a part in the Texas Revolution.

The stores near Alamo

The Alamo


After San Antonio, we had another long drive to Austin. Austin, Texas is like the "capital" of Texas where you can see alot of tall buildings, businessmen/women, and it's more modern than Houston and San Antonio. The Capitol of Texas is also located in Austin.

The Capitol of Texas








And that was my 2-day trip in Texas! I want to go back and stay for more than 2 days there just to know and experience what it's like to be a Texan! :)


Photos by me


No comments:

Post a Comment